Probelockers.com a division of Safe Options Limited of St Bonaventure's Business Centre, Friary Road, Bristol, BS7 8AF; ("Safe Options") a company incorporated in England.
In holding your personal data we are concerned to ensure that your privacy is protected and that our use of personal data is rigorously controlled in accordance with the appropriate legal requirements including the General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR (EU) 2016/679.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We ask for your personal information when you make a purchase, register, sign up for promotions, offers, competitions, or to receive news, or contact us through our website. Depending on which of these services you use, we may collect:
- your name and contact information including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, even if you do not complete your purchase
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- details you provide when you contact us or make enquiries either generally or about any purchases you make with us
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Please note that we do not store any of your card payment details when making a purchase either online nor offline.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect please scroll down the page
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Invite customer satisfaction surveys from independent review sites such as Ekomi to monitor and improve our service level and product quality
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Whilst we have policies, rules and measures in place and try to take all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information, Probelockers.com cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies are perfectly safe to be stored on your computer and almost all web browsers have cookie storing enabled as default. However, all browsers have the option of disabling cookies being stored on your computer if you wish to do this.
This would also be a common experience of reduced functionality across many websites.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you can tick a box to indicate that you would like to be added to our mailing list so that you can receive our latest special offers
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us through our Contact page.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Harbourside House 4-5 The Grove Bristol BS1 4QZ United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to see, correct or ask us not to use personal data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulations GDPR (EU) 2016/679) that we keep about you. In some circumstances, you also have the right to request your data to be erased. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to our Data Control Officer via our contact page with the word “remove” or “unsubscribe” in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.